Sunday, May 01, 2005

The evils of Nintendo

A couple of months ago, my husband decided to let our 5-year-old have his first "taste" of video games. He let Jacob play Zelda on his old Super Nintendo. Well, Jacob lost interest playing, but he did like to watch me and Jim play. Needless to say, guess who got addicted. Not Jacob, not Jim, but me.

It got me thinking about playing the original Zelda that my brother used to have when we were in high school. After telling me that the no longer had his old Nintendo, he went on a quest to find a replacement along with the original Zelda "for Jacob".

I had no idea that he did this until a big box was delivered yesterday and inside was, you guessed it, the old Ninetendo and Zelda plus 24 other games.

Maybe I should lock it up. Of course, I know it will call to me in the middle of the night.

aahhhhhh, I can still hear it!

Dana, come play me. You know you want to win level 6. You can do it this time.

Make it stop!!! Thanks, Chris