Thursday, May 12, 2005

Attention parents of small children

Thanks to Lorie at Byrd Droppings for bringing this to my attention. As you may or may not know, I am the mother of two wonderful kids that I love more than life itself. My youngest, a very headstrong and active 2 1/2 yr old girl, loves candy of any kind. Until I read this very sad article I never thought there was too much to worry about.

An angel-faced 5-year- old girl choked to death on a peppermint candy in The Bronx as she rushed up a flight of stairs to see her mother, cops said yesterday.

I honestly believe that this was a warning for me. It very well could have saved my daughter's life. Please pray for peace for the parents and family of this little girl. The guilt they must feel, even though it was a freak accident, must be overwhelming. And please, pass this along to any parents you know that have small children. Thank you.