Tuesday, April 26, 2005

This might be better than any diet

I think that I am going to give up all fast food. First the finger in the Wendy's chili (I know the woman was arrested for false accusations, but the thought still turns my stomach) and now this.

A man is suing a fast-food restaurant operator for more than $50,000, claiming he found a slice of skin on his chicken sandwich.

Scheiding said he realized something wasn't right when he bit into the sandwich on June 18 and found a piece of flesh about three-fourths of an inch long.

Miami County (search) health investigators talked to the restaurant manager, who had a bandage on his right thumb and wore a latex glove, according to a health district report. The manager said he sliced skin from the thumb while shredding lettuce, and sanitized the area but didn't throw away the bin of lettuce, the report said. Scheiding's sandwich contained lettuce.

Fast food just doesn't hold the same appeal for me anymore. I wonder why?