Wednesday, April 13, 2005

This is why I think the government shouldn't fund the NEA

This is absolutely ridiculous! This is NOT art, I don't care how you look at it. I hope this was not funded in any way with my tax money. I know art is subjective, but come on.

Organizers of a politically charged art exhibit at Columbia College's Glass Curtain Gallery thought their show might draw controversy.
But they didn't expect two U.S. Secret Service agents would be among the show's first visitors


Hernandez said any government involvement could come close to trampling First Amendment rights.
"It frightens me ... as an artist and curator. Now we're being watched," Hernandez said. "It's a new world. It's a Big Brother world. I think it's frightening for any artist who wants to do edgy art.


What the he**? You create stamps with a picture of the President with a gun to his head and you are surprised that the Secret Services seeks you out?

My brother is an artist and this is always a hot topic with us. According to him, the government should support this so that people will be exposed to different types of art. He claims it will make us a more well-rounded nation. Ha!

Hat tip: Right Wing News