Wednesday, April 20, 2005

If I didn't have a sense of humor...

I will tell you that my kids should be very glad that I have a sense of humor. Why? Because of incidents like this:

We spent the last weekend in Mobile visiting my dad and stepmom. On Saturday night, after I brushed my teeth, I had the very distict taste of soap in my mouth. Knowing my two year old loves to play with soap and water, I assumed she got soap on my toothbrush.

The next morning, at breakfast, I asked Georgie if she put soap on my toothbrush. Of course, she denied it. I figured no harm done, so I let the subject drop and just washed my toothbrush very well.

Fast forward to Monday evening. I'm cooking dinner when Jacob, my 5-year-old comes into the kitchen and says, "Mommy, I have to tell you something."

Me: What is it, Jacob?
Jacob: I put soap on your toothbrush.
Me: Why?!?
Jacob: I needed to clean my airplane.
Me: (very cautiously) What airplane?
Jacob: You know, the one we got at the garage sale.

I was laughing so hard that I couldn't even scold him. But I did get a new toothbrush.