Monday, April 25, 2005

Georgie, it's time to use the shrubs!

I can't believe that these environmentalists expect to be taken seriously. They are now advocating a "diaper-free" society. I know, I know. We have all heard about the perils of using disposible diapers. But now they are even against cloth diapers. What do they want us parents to do?

"There is a way to have a baby and NOT use diapers," says one website advocating diaperless babies. Parents are urged to get in tune with their infant's body signals and hold babies over toilets, buckets and shrubbery or any other convenient receptacle when nature calls.

Yeah, I can see that happening. And what happens at night? Or when my daughter decides she wants to eat the two pounds of grapes and the olives that the grandparents put on her plate? I can just see me telling her preschool to hold her over a shrub if she looks like she needs to do her business.

The green movement already has declared war on the modern flush toilet, declaring it an "environmental disaster," and has instead pushed waterless "dry" toilets as an earth-friendly solution.

How much of a slave to the environment do we have to be before these environmentalist are happy? I'm afraid that they won't be happy until we are all living in mud huts, get around with our horses (no, forgot about horses' rights) walking everywhere, while our raw sewage runs in the street dirt paths.

Wait, there are places like that and they are being lauded for their progressive environmetal policies. Well, I think that I have a wonderful solution that would be a win-win situation for everyone. They should just move to those forward-thinking countries.

Hat tip: GOP bloggers