Wednesday, May 11, 2005

I can't believe Instapundit has an article about an old friend

When I saw this post from Instapundit

The Republican chairman of Seminole County, Florida says his bid to head the state party was sabotaged because a letter accused him of having been married six times.
He says the correct number is five.


I knew it was about Jim Stelling. I knew Jim during my campaign strategy days in Seminole, Orange and Osceola Counties in the late 90s bc (before children). He recommended me for a job with the Republican Party (which I decided not to take because I found out that I was pregnant with my first child and I wanted to be a stay-at-home mom). I remember that fight to become head of the Florida Republican Party and I still believe that he deserved to win. He would have made an excellent Chairman. I will have to keep a watch on the outcome of this - just for my own curiousity. Go Jim.