Thursday, December 07, 2006

Whew!

Last weekend we opened It's a Wonderful Life. I must admit that I was extremely nervous - not because of the actors, but because of the technical aspects. As of Thursday, we had some major problems with set changes and lights. However, by Friday, a lot of the problems had been fixed and/or minimized.

Today, our review came out and I am beyond excited that we were able to pull this off as well as we apparently did in such a short period of time.

And, if I can be a little self-indulgent, I will admit that I am most excited by the review I got.

Heading the cast are Ginny Award-winning actor David Jacobs (George Bailey) and Dana Deris Fatic (Mary Hatch/Bailey) whose onstage chemistry significantly clicks.

Fatic is wonderful as George's girlfriend and ultimately his wife. Fatic gives Mary Bailey a sweet innocence. She provides her with Donna Reed qualities that significantly enhance the character's believability.

Well, if I can't toot my horn on my own blog, where can I?